Capacity, Viking Combi 300: gross vol. 333 l, net vol. 300 l, boiling
space 33 l
Metos Viking Combi is a Finnish-made mixing combi-kettle. Reliable
electro-mechanic control ensures routine food production without
constant care or monitoring. Metos Viking Combi can be customised
according to the user needs with the respective options and accessories.
Optimal ergonomics, ease of use and effortless cleaning make the
hygienic and energy-saving Metos Viking Combi a user-friendly and
Both fixed and free-standing(optional) installations are possible.
The control panel of the Metos Viking Combi is fully raised with a
highly visible and easy- to read electro-mechanic control, which is
protected from knocks and steam arising from the kettle. All parts that
become dirty in everyday use such as, for example, mixers and scrapers,
are easily removable without any special tools and are dishwasher-safe.
The sturdy stainless-steel lid has a Safety Grid Lid to facilitate
adding of raw ingredients. Room for chef´s tools is available on the
control pillar top.
Fully automated water filling (optional) is available.
It is possible to group Metos Viking Combi 4G kettles by connecting them
to other Metos 4G kettles and fixed Proveno 2G and 3G kettles without an
intermediate support pillar between the kettles. The tilting height from
the pouring spout to the floor is 600 mm in the high tilting Metos
Viking Combi 4G kettles. An elevated installation frame is available and
can be customised according to the desired tilting height (optional).
– a powerful stainless-steel mixing tool for all mixing, fitted with
detachable and easy to clean scrapers – Heavy Duty mixer – a standard
feature in 300 and 400 l combi-kettles
– a quick release stainless steel lid with a safety grid. Dishwasher
safe. The rotating mechanism in the lid enables washing the lid even in
the upright position while fixed to the kettle.
– stainless steel measuring stick, which is also dishwasher safe
– support pillar
– accessory hook
OPTIONS (ordered together with the Viking Combi-kettle)
– electronic or direct steam operated model
– hand shower with three options: S1 Standard, Heavy Duty S2 or Reel-in
Hand shower S3 (S3 hand shower is not available with C1 cooling)
– kettle sensor for wireless HACCP – Metos IoLiving
– manual cooling C1 with tap water (not available for steam kettles, or
with Reel-in S3 hand shower); please see further details below
– automatic cooling C2 with tap water; please see further details below
– water automatic, food water filling
– jacket water filling, automatic (of steam jacket, E-models)
– food temperature display with 1°C accuracy
– draw off taps and valves D1 and D2
– alternative voltages
– double water connection; please see further details below
– socket outlet (230V10A) behind the control panel
– welded and seamless bowl cover is available for increased hygiene. Due
to the fully welded outer surface the whole device is urethane insulated
ensuring excellent energy efficiency.
– fixed installation: with a sub-surface installation frame
– fixed installation: with a surface installation frame
– elevated installation frames are available for fixed installation
– free standing installation: frame and feet
– free standing, midfloor kit 1
– free standing, midfloor kit 2
– group installation accessories are available for all options above
– it is possible to fix a free-standing combi-kettle to the floor with
installation flanges which do not penetrate into the floor surface.
Installation flanges do not prevent moving of the kettle as necessary.
– wireless IoLiving HACCP
– mixing tool with IoLiving sensor
– strainer plate
– strainer plate extension for 300 to 400 l kettles
– pouring adapter (spout reducer)
– whipping grid
– cleaning tool
– Heavy Duty Mixing tool for 150 to 200 l kettles
– blender lid kit Viking Combi (40 to 100 l kettles)
– wide range of accessories for various cooking purposes
The kettle is made entirely of stainless steel with an inner surface of
acid resistant stainless steel. Protection class: IPX5
– a large electro-mechanic control panel, which is fully raised from the
– the screen is protected from knocks as well as steam rising from the
– informative control panel controllers, switches and buttons are
equipped with respective icons and visual signals
– illuminated and highly visible LEDs refer to active functions
(heating, mixing and cooling)
– emergency stop function
– two ready-to-use programs
– variable mixing speed for all kettle sizes is 15 to 120 rpm
– back and forth mixing
Mixing programs may also be utilised as cleaning programs when a
cleaning tool (option) is attached to the kettle.
Maximum temperature +120°C, and a heating selector switch with 6
settings. Accurate (1°C) temperature display (optional) enables optimal
use of energy in all circumstances. Maximum operating pressure of the
system is 1.0 bar corresponding +120°C on the inner surface of the
FOOD WATER FILLING
– manual cooking water filling with a rotating switch
– ideally located water spout on the edge of the kettle allows filling
the kettle with water even when tilting the kettle, or with low water
pressure. The possibility to add water when the kettle is being tilted
is extremely useful, for example, when cooking or rinsing pasta.
WATER AUTOMATIC, FOOD WATER FILLING
Automatic food water filling (optional) Food water is added by pushing
the respective button on the control panel. Litres are displayed on the
– the water filling button is being pushed down, until the desired
amount of water has been added to the kettle.
– automatic running of the water stops when the pre-determined number of
litres has been reached. Ideally located water spout on the edge of the
kettle allows filling the kettle with water even when tilting the
kettle, or with low water pressure. The possibility to add water when
the kettle is being tilted is extremely useful, for example, when
cooking or rinsing pasta.
Two directional mixing tool with an automatic reversing function
provides thorough mixing at low speeds without breaking the product.
Variable mixing speed for all kettle sizes is 15 to 120 rpm.
The kettle has two ready-to-use fully automatic mixing programs designed
and tested by food-service professionals for healthy and versatile
Standard mixing programs:
– gentle stirring, soups, paused back and forth mixing
– sautéing meat/crushing/potato mash, powerful back and forth mixing
It is possible to change a mixing program at any time.
The mixer stops when the lid is opened. Mixing significantly decreases
the time spent on heating and cooling which in turn helps to save
Efficient and power full electric tilting for 40 to 150 l kettles, and
hydraulic tilting mechanism for 200 to 400 l kettles. According to
occupational safety standards, tilting of the kettle is enabled only
when pushing the tilting button. Ergonomic tilting height of the
pouring spout is 600 mm from the floor enabling emptying to bigger
transport containers. An elevated installation frame is available for
this kettle and can be customised according to the desired tilting
HACCP sensor (optional) may be connected to automatic monitoring system.
It is possible to connect the kettle to, for example, the wireless Metos
FOOD TEMPERATURE DISPLAY (optional)
Realtime food temperatures are available on the digital display. Display
DOUBLE WATER CONNECTION (optional)
– food water from the tap
– a double water supply enables using another water supply for the
kettle’s technical functions, for example, filtered water helps to
reduce accumulation of impurities and lower maintenance costs.
Erroneous rapid changes in the mixing speed are prevented. The mixer
stops when the lid is opened. Cooling of the steam jacket prior to
opening the drain valve (optional) when cooling is started (optional).
According to occupational safety standards, the kettle will tilt only
when the respective button is being pushed. The mixing function cannot
be used when the lid is open. Manual safety valve test
MANUAL COOLING WITH TAP WATER (C1)
(not available for steam kettles, or with Reel-in Hand showers S3)
– requires a standard shower S1 or a robust hand shower S2
– shower hose is connected to the jacket cooling connection
AUTOMATIC COOLING WITH TAP WATER (C2)
Automatic tap water cooling by pushing the respective button (optional).
Monitoring the cooling process via the control panel digital display
(optional.) Automatic jacket draining after cooling, or Cool &
Hold. Cooling of the steam jacket prior to opening the drain valve when
cooling is started. Interrupting or stopping the cooling during the
cooling phase is enabled.
JACKET WATERFILLING, AUTOMATIC (optional)
Automatic filling of the right level of water in the kettle steam